JAPAN AIR SERVICE SUPPORT PROGRAM
Application Period: June 1st, 2018 to September 30, 2019
Operation Commencement: October 1st, 2018 to December 31, 2019
GVB is pleased to announce a brand-new air service support plan. The plan is aimed to increase seat capacity between Japan to Guam on a regular basis for a period of 6 months or more by providing support to existing regular airlines or start-up airlines.
- Growth of seats capacity between Japan and Guam.
- Incentivize existing carriers to increase operation frequency between Japan and Guam.
- Support any start-up carriers to launch new regular services between Japan and Guam.
- Targeting extra flight operation on the existing scheduled airlines.
- Targeting new operations on start-up carriers excluding charter flight services.
- Application period: June 1st, 2018 to September 30th, 2019.
- Operation period: at least 6-months from commencement of the first operation.
- Commencement of operation: October 1st 2018 to December 31, 2019.
- Operation sectors:
Narita (NRT) to Guam and vice versa. (direct flight only)
Kansai (KIX) to Guam and vice versa. (direct flight only)
Chubu (NGO) to Guam and vice versa. (direct flight only)
Fukuoka (FUK) to Guam and vice versa. (direct flight only)
Haneda (HND) to Guam and vice versa. (direct flight only)
- Minimum operation is 4 times per a week from Narita, Kansai, Chubu, Fukuoka or Haneda airport to Guam.
- Airlines will not be penalized in the case of reasonable cancellations due to weather or other issues.
- Aircraft: B737/A320 or larger aircraft or 100+ seats per aircraft.
- Flight operation:
- Regular flight. (6 months or more)
- Seasonal regular flight. (minimum 6 months, or summer scheduled period or winter scheduled period)
- Charter flights are not included.
- Create a comprehensive sales and marketing plan for the additional flight operations relative to the city gateway; share with Guam Visitors Bureau at time of application.
- Provide airlines with a maximum of US $ ------- when the previously mentioned applicable conditions have been met.
- Support amount is for a minimum of 4 flights per week.
- Half of the support amount will be paid at flight commencement as a start-up sales promotion cost.
- Remaining support will be paid at the end of the agreed upon operation period (minimum 6 months) of active direct flights from Japan – Guam.
- Any support amount will be forfeited or will not be paid if airline fails to meet the applicable conditions.
How to apply
- Fill out an application form and submit it no later than 2 months before commencement of operation.
- Reveal “Operation Plan” for a yearlong period including date, time, aircraft type and saleable seat capacity.
- Submit the completed application form no later than September 30th, 2019.
- Application: The completed application form will be sent to Hiroshi Kaneko, GVB Japan Acting Director (email@example.com) no later than September 30th, 2019.
- Application acceptance: Registration number will be issued and sent to the applicant within 14 days excluding Sat, Sun, and National holiday.
- Approval or non-approval: When approved, authorization number will be issued within 21 days excluding Sat, Sun and National holiday after submission.
- Support claim (payment) & evidence submission: At the time of flight commencement, half of payment will be made within 45 days excluding Sat, Sun and national holidays after submitting the application form to GVB. After commencing operation, Airlines need to submit a “Monthly Result Report” to GVB by mail at end of each month. Monthly Report includes the following information:
- Status of flight operation
- Flight number
- Actual flight timing
- Seat capacity
- On-board passenger number
After completion of the operation period, the remaining support will be paid within 45 days.
Documents submitted and information collected are treated as confidential among the persons concerned. Information collected for implementing this program is kept confidential and will not be disclosed to outside parties.